Monday, January 10, 2011

love dare day 2

I love it!!!! Thanks so much to you gals that are checking in to let me know how the first day of the love dare went!!!! Please anyone who wants to check in.. even to hold yourself accountable.. do it! I love, love, love to hear that your all being blessed!!! Today, I did good too..I found myself making a sarcastic remark and caught myself and we both laughed so hard!! Danny is giddy with all this attention he is getting..what a goof ..he already knows I'm doing this so half the fun is when I "catch" myself doing the dare! lol Day 2
Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Chris also has forgiven you...Ephesians 4:32
Love is kind

"Kindness is love in action. The Bible keys in on the importance of kindness:"Do not let kindness and truth leave you: bind them around your neck,write them on the tablets of your heart. So you will find favor and good repute in the sight of God and man." Proverbs 3:3-4

Kindness in four basic core ingredients:
  • Gentleness: Operating from here, you tend to treat your spouse carefully. Your sensitive. Tender. Knowing even as you rebuke or challenge, you make it as easy to hear as possible. You speak truth in love.
  • Helpfulness:being kind means you meet the needs of the moment. Kindness graces the wife with the ability to serve her husband without worrying about her rights. kindness makes a husband curious to discover what his wife needs, then motivates him to be the one who steps up and ensures those needs are met- even if his are put on hold.
  • Willingess: Kindness inspires you to be agreeable. instead of being obstinate, reluctant or stubborn, you cooperate and stay flexible. A kind husband ends thousands of arguments by his willigness to listen first rather than demand his own way.
  • Initiative: Kindness takes the first step. Be the one to smile first, serve first, forgive first. Kindness doesn't require the other to get his or her act together before showing love.

Jesus creatively described the kindness of love in His parable of the Good Samaritan. When years of racism had caused strife and division, one act of kindness brought two enemies together, Gently. Helpfully. If it is difficult to demonstrate love when you feel little to no motivation. Remember love in its truest sense is not based on feelings rather, love determines to show thoughtful actions even when there seems to be no reward. you will never learn to love until you learn to demonstrate kindness..."

Today's Dare

In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.

When you have complete today's dare answer these questions:

  • What discoveries about love did you make today?
  • What specifically did you do in this dare?
  • How did you show kindness?

There it is! Blessing to you all and thanks for stopping by! Love ya mean it! Stephanie

imageflickr /book excerpts from kendrick, Alex and Stephen


8 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks Stephanie! I was watching for the post. I intentionally kept any conversations and texts very positive and loving today. (uber-encouraging)not focusing on negative thoughts about our situation of being separated by miles... It kept the day very upbeat. THANKS!>> on to tomorrow.
**I am not telling him or mentioning in my blog (which he reads) that I am doing this. Would rather tell him afterward what I was pursuing with the 40 day dare.
Blessings!

Lisa notes... said...

I'm like Julie - I am not telling my husband I'm doing the Dare (unless he happens to catch it on my blog). Takes a little of the pressure off my performance. ha.

But so far, so good! Thanks for hosting.

Anonymous said...

this is fabulous! I'm glad you are doing this!

Donna said...

Day one. Check! I'm thrilled to be doing this with you. I have not told my hubby either. With things being quite tense in our family lately, I made the decision to include the kids in on this. They take the brunt of our stress so often so today was a fabulous day...thanks to you!
Love you.
Donna

Out in the Fields said...

I decided this love dare was exactly what I needed for my very difficult situation! I made it through the first day with flying colors:)If I can follow through on this it will be the best thing I could have going as he struggles through his first month at home. Thanks!

West Hill Heritage said...

Wow - just found your blog and i am so excited you are doing the love dare. I have been wanted to participate. THanks for sharing

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow...I should really do this...it may be hard but I am sure it is well worth it.

sandy toe

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to do it-not sure how well I'm doing but being more aware helps anyway! Thanks for doing this...I bought the book a long time ago and didn't ever do it.