"Kindness is love in action. The Bible keys in on the importance of kindness:"Do not let kindness and truth leave you: bind them around your neck,write them on the tablets of your heart. So you will find favor and good repute in the sight of God and man." Proverbs 3:3-4
- Gentleness: Operating from here, you tend to treat your spouse carefully. Your sensitive. Tender. Knowing even as you rebuke or challenge, you make it as easy to hear as possible. You speak truth in love.
- Helpfulness:being kind means you meet the needs of the moment. Kindness graces the wife with the ability to serve her husband without worrying about her rights. kindness makes a husband curious to discover what his wife needs, then motivates him to be the one who steps up and ensures those needs are met- even if his are put on hold.
- Willingess: Kindness inspires you to be agreeable. instead of being obstinate, reluctant or stubborn, you cooperate and stay flexible. A kind husband ends thousands of arguments by his willigness to listen first rather than demand his own way.
- Initiative: Kindness takes the first step. Be the one to smile first, serve first, forgive first. Kindness doesn't require the other to get his or her act together before showing love.
Jesus creatively described the kindness of love in His parable of the Good Samaritan. When years of racism had caused strife and division, one act of kindness brought two enemies together, Gently. Helpfully. If it is difficult to demonstrate love when you feel little to no motivation. Remember love in its truest sense is not based on feelings rather, love determines to show thoughtful actions even when there seems to be no reward. you will never learn to love until you learn to demonstrate kindness..."
In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.
When you have complete today's dare answer these questions:
- What discoveries about love did you make today?
- What specifically did you do in this dare?
- How did you show kindness?
There it is! Blessing to you all and thanks for stopping by! Love ya mean it! Stephanie
imageflickr /book excerpts from kendrick, Alex and Stephen