Thursday, January 6, 2011

take the love dare challenge!

The Love Dare Challenge






Are you up for a dare? A love dare? I would like to host a Love Dare challenge every day until February 14! For forty days we will- with the guidance of the Love Dare book by Stephen and Alex Kendrick with Lawrence Kimbrough, be challenged to commit one day at a time to enriching our marriage in a positive way..the challenge can be difficult on days where you feel like the last thing you wanna do is bless your man..however..it is a look at ourselves and how we impact our marriages on a daily basis...you may find out more about yourself than you ever realized..the first page in the book gives a warning..and here it is...


Receive this as a warning. This forty day journey cannot be taken lightly. It is a challenging and often difficult process, but an incredibly fulfilling one. To take this dare requires a resolute mind and a steadfast determination. It is not meant to be sampled or briefly tested, and those who quit early will forfeit the greatest benefits. If you will commit to a day at a time for forty days, the results could change your life and your marriage..consider it a dare, from others who have done it before you.




I love how the authors write "It will take courage. If you accept this dare, you must take the view that instead of following your heart, you are choosing to lead it. Jeremiah 17:9 says "the heart is more deceitful than all else"and it will always pursue what is right at the moment...this dare is not about changing your spouse rather, this is a journey of exploring and demonstrating genuine love, even if your desire is dry and motives are low. Love is a decision and not just a feeling. It is selfless, sacrificial and transformational." Now these three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:13




My marriage has been blessed from day one..The Lord knew the man I would need would be a very special man..I love him deeply and have felt loved every day of my marriage with him and I thank God for him every day.. I would like to bless him in the next few weeks and challenge myself to find new and exciting ways to express it...I'm realistic... after all, I am a woman with five kids with daily duties I attend too..I wake up in ugly moods and am not fit for social consumption some days but, I soldier on realizing that without Christ I am unable..I hope that no matter where your marriage stands you can choose to give it to the Lord and be strengthened in the knowledge that He is in control. Please share this challenge on your blog and link back here so we can all do this together..I will start the challenge on Monday January 10th. I will do a summary of the chapter and give the dare at the end with some questions for you to answer. You may remain anonymous if you like...if you have a question you would like me to post, I can do that..comments and thoughts are always welcome. However, I will not respond to cruel and unusual inquires that do not benefit this blog and it readers. This challenge is here to inspire not to debate..if you have questions or suggestions please let me know..I'm excited for us! What do you think? Are you ready for a dare? Thanks for stopping by! love ya mean it! Stephanie

imageflickr




7 comments:

Dianna said...

WOW, Stephanie! I'm so excited for how you have direction for where to take your blog next, after just a few days ago feeling rather discouraged about it all.

I will definitely be a part of this dare. My husband and I have done this before...but it never hurts to keep on doing it!

I am going to go do a post and link back here to you, right now!

Love ya, too...mean it!

Dianna said...

Wanted to hop back over here and tell you...'tis done, my friend. I've done a post and linked to your blog!

Julie said...

Stephanie, just wanted to check in and let you know I read Dianna's posts daily, and saw her link to your challenge for the marriage dare. I'm IN! I may not be able to do every dare to the fullest because my husband is working in Iowa and I am in NC...but it will be a challenge and a way to stretch myself and think creatively to do my very best to let him know how much I love and support him. Thanks for thinking to do this with other bloggy sisters. Hugs, and looking forward to it!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm also in! Can't turn down a double dog dare from you. Thanks for thinking of this :) Love you.

Lisa notes... said...

I did this 2 years ago, but am ready to give it another go. So excited to learn of your challenge on Dianna's blog. I'm going to add a post on my own blog and put out a tweet about it. Thanks and see you Monday!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I'm in!

Carrie said...

Stephanie, I just came across your blog thru Farmhouse Country Style. And I have to say that I love it!!

As far as your "Love Dare"...count me in to!! I just bought this book about a week ago and I am embarrased to admit that I haven't started it yet. So, this gives me all the more reason to stop being lazy and start.

I will go ahead and link up now...see you Monday :)

Big Hugs!! Carrie ♥