Thursday, January 27, 2011

love dare. day 19. love is impossible..

No dinner tonight..So I was unable to do this dare..oh, that's ok ..right? Danny is running late so another time I guess..I hope you were able to make a nice dinner for your man..so it is on to the next dare! yay!! Day 19
Let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.-1 John 4:7
Love is impossible
Today's day19
Look back over the dares from previous days. Were there some that seemed impossible to you? Have you realized your need for God to change your heart and to give you the ability to love? Ask Him to show you where you stand with Him, and ask for the strength and grace to settle your eternal destination.
Questions for you:
  • What do you believe God is saying to you?
  • Is there a stirring in your heart?
  • What decision have you made in response to this?
Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by! Love ya mean it! Stephanie
image country living/ book excerpts from the "love dare" by Alex and Stephen Kendrick

6 comments:

Dianna said...

Well...Dare 18 is going to need to happen here another evening also. It is one of the evenings that we spend with my father-in-law. The meal was nice...tried a new corn chowder recipe and a new corn bread recipe...but it was just an evening where we needed to eat and run. As it turned out, the chowder was good and so was the cornbread, but it wasn't completely done in the middle. :( I salvaged two pieces and then stuck the remainder of it back in the oven. Now it's tasty! ;) Maybe I'll try that one for tomorrow evening.

Ann On and On... said...

Not impossible...encouraging. Thank You for all the effort you are going through to write these posts.

Dianna said...

The area that was hard for me, is learning to be quiet instead of being critical...hence preventing the intimacy of providing him with a safe haven. I've been praying for the Lord to give me strength and nudging about when I need to just be quiet and listen. The rewards are wonderful!

BECKY said...

What a great series, Steph! Love it! I will be back for sure! It was a joy to see that you visited today!! I think we are kindred spirits! Love the photos you have chosen to put with each of your dare posts, too! I'm going to check all of this out!

Have a glorious weekend!
Hugs!
Becky

Lisa notes... said...

I didn't get to do the dare with just me and my husband either. Will save it for another night.

I did try to listen better though--to actually stop what I was doing and look at my husband when he was talking. It seems like such a little thing, but it sometimes takes a lot of effort for me.

Guess that's why I need today's dare--to rely more on GOD'S strength and not my own!

Out in the Fields said...

Not too good of a week for me, I've been sick since mon with the flu...but I have learned some important things, that some things that seem impossible maybe just need to be broken down to manageable pieces and worked on very slowly.