Monday, January 24, 2011

love dare. day 16. love intercedes

I chose to honor Danny today by telling him how much I trust him...it means alot to me that he is acknowledged..he has been there for me as I made my way back from some trauma that I had experienced early in my life..he loved me through that and has made it possible for me to get the help I needed..he has worked extra hard to help me with trusting others and himself..I thank God he is a such a great helpmate to me.. Day 16

Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers-3 John 2


Love intercedes


This dare is about interceding on the behalf of your beloved...when we pray for our spouse we go humbly before the Lord with good intentions..turn your complaint into prayers..God can do a much better job at "changing" the heart of our spouse..pray for his heart, his attitude, his relationship with Christ..and then pray for your hearts desires- for love and honor to become the norm..


Today's dare


Begin praying today for your spouse's heart. Pray for three specific areas where you desire for God to work in your spouse's life and in your marriage.


Questions for you:



  • Have you experienced the power of prayer in the past?


  • What did you choose to pray about?


  • Was it easy for you or foreign to you?

Thanks for stopping by! love ya mean it! Stephanie





5 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

What a great way to honor your husband, Stephanie.

I tried to honor my husband by showing more excitement yesterday when he called and came home early to work at a service project with us. He noticed.

Thanks for keeping us plugging along... Can't believe we're closing in on the halfway mark already.

Dianna said...

Yesterday's dare was one I gave a lot of thought to. The way I chose to do so was by giving up rising half an hour earlier than him in the morning to shower and dress. I've asked him several times if it bothered him that I did that, because I would always find him sitting at the computer, clothes in hand for his time in the bathroom in the mornings. He always has said no...it didn't bother him. Somehow, I just "know" when he is saying something for my benefit. I'm sure you ladies know the same about your beloveds. Anyway...last evening when we were getting ready to head to bed, I said to him, "I have the alarm set for 6, but if it really does bother you that I get up earlier than you, please tell me. I don't want you to lose restful sleep because of me." He said, "Yes, it does keep me awake." He was so appreciative! ;) Probably seems like a little thing, but I know he did feel honored that I cared enough to change my habits for his benefit.

And, even though I haven't come right out and asked him, I am pretty sure by now that he has figured out that I'm doing the Love Dare. I've been fixing a lot of his favorite dishes the last two weeks and last evening he said, "You know what you haven't made me for a long time?" Me...No, what's that? He said, "Fried pies! And I don't care what flavor!" Then he just kind of chuckled! I LOVE IT!

Stephanie, thank you for your faithfulness to continue on!

Out in the Fields said...

I had an opportunity to show respect at supper last night and it was a tough one! If I wasn't doing these dares I hate to think what would've come out of my mouth...lack of respect is a real issue in my marriage, despite the YEARS of prayers for my heart to change...so glad God doesn't give up on us!

Julie said...

Oh My!!! excitement. Now this is one I could actually do without having to think outside the box or try to be more creative... since we are not together...(makes this exercise extremely challenging, even disappointing sometimes..but hey, nobody told me I had to do it while he is far away. I CHOSE to!!! )It still keeps my heart and mind on alert to how I am acting! :-) I do today's by habit, so it was easy. Below is one of my favorite quotes so much so, that I put it on my blog sidebar.

"She does him good and not evil all the days of her life" Prov. 31:12
The greatest gift you can give your husband is the gift of lifting his name and his needs before the throne of God. Prayer for your husband releases the energies of God, for prayer is asking God to do what you cannot do." Elizabeth George
**her book, "A Woman's High Calling" is excellent!!

Thanks so much Stephanie. This whole Love Dare quest has really kept my steps more on the right path in thought and word and deed towards Kurt than ever before.

Dianna said...

You know...I could actually have answered this when I was here earlier today. I guess that is what comes of having been without internet for almost 24 hours. I lost my ability to think! :/

I was excited when I saw what the dare is for today! A couple of weeks ago I began looking for Scriptures to pray for Carroll. And I've been doing that every day since. The long range prayer for over the next several weeks is Colossians 1:9-12, with the focus this week being on verse 10 and next week, I'll focus on verse 11 and the third week, I'll focus on verse 12. When I've finished this, I'll go on to another set of verses from a different passage! I love doing this! I'd forgotten that it was one of the dares...and how wonderful it is to intercede for my hubby.