The Love Dare says.. "We" boundaries are rules you both agree to before hand."
- never mention divorce
- never bring up old unrelated items from the past
- never fight in public or in front of kids
- call a "time out' if needed
- never touch each other in a harmful way
- never go to bed angry
- failure is not an option..whatever it takes do it.
"Me" boundaries are boundaries you personally practice on your own:
- I will listen before speaking (I'm seeing where the challenge is....lol)
- I will look at the speck in my own eye first
- I will speak gently and keep my voice down
Disagree with dignity people!
Talk with your spouse about establishing healthy rules of engagement. It your mate is not ready for this, then write out your own personal rules to "fight" by. Resolve to abide by them when the next disagreement occurs.
Questions for you:
- If your spouse participated with you, what was their response?
- What rules did you write for yourself?
Thanks for stopping by! Can't wait to hear how its going! Love ya mean it! Stephanie
image flickr/excerpts from the "Love Dare' by Stephen and Alex Kendrick