Friday, January 21, 2011

love dare. day 13. love fights fair..

Love and fighting...love lets the other win and now we have to fight fair..hmmm.Now, here's a dare that will really have ya thinking! I'm going on a date with the love of my life and I'm pretty excited..however, there is always a little tension 'til we figure out where we are gonna go for dinner as I can only eat certain things which limits our selection..he usually tries to be accommodating bu,t I do feel for him, being that we have such few choices...so we compromise alot and manage to work out the little things..we haven't had any real issues that we cant work out somehow..it seems like we figured out a way to get through things that we can control..like our mouths and thoughts..somethings you cant control though and you have to find ways to be gracious and forgiving and move along..we have a pretty good handle on that..so I'm pretty proud of us! Not perfect, just a good handle on it..I'm gonna post the dare and get outta here..I love ya, but nothing is keeping from my love and our date! continue on! Day 13
If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. Mark3:25

The Love Dare says.. "We" boundaries are rules you both agree to before hand."

  • never mention divorce
  • never bring up old unrelated items from the past
  • never fight in public or in front of kids
  • call a "time out' if needed
  • never touch each other in a harmful way
  • never go to bed angry
  • failure is not an option..whatever it takes do it.

"Me" boundaries are boundaries you personally practice on your own:

  • I will listen before speaking (I'm seeing where the challenge is....lol)
  • I will look at the speck in my own eye first
  • I will speak gently and keep my voice down

Disagree with dignity people!

Today's dare

Talk with your spouse about establishing healthy rules of engagement. It your mate is not ready for this, then write out your own personal rules to "fight" by. Resolve to abide by them when the next disagreement occurs.

Questions for you:

  • If your spouse participated with you, what was their response?
  • What rules did you write for yourself?

Thanks for stopping by! Can't wait to hear how its going! Love ya mean it! Stephanie

image flickr/excerpts from the "Love Dare' by Stephen and Alex Kendrick


4 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

This is an interesting one. I think my husband and I have covered this, but it might be good to revisit it anyway. I'll try to do it sometimes over the weekend since Saturday we'll be in separate places.

Out in the Fields said...

I was wondering what issue might come up that I could let him win on, but of course one came along immediately and luckily I realized it and backed off really quick, it did cause me to have to side against my son tho so it was very hard for me!

Dianna said...

Since I have not said anything to Carroll about doing this Love Dare, I am going to do this on my own.

I have two rules for myself:
1. Be careful of my tone of voice.
2. Don't use the words, "You always" or "You never".

Lisa notes... said...

That's a good idea, Dianna! I didn't think of doing it that way; I'll try it.