Thursday, January 6, 2011

clean recipe

Sparklingly clear windows can be yours with a simple and inexpensive home recipe. Using a funnel, pour three tablespoons of ammonia and one tablespoon of vinegar into a one-quart screw-top or spray bottle, then fill with cool water. For safety, remember to label the bottle. If your windows have a low-e coating on the exterior surface of the glass, leave out the ammonia and increase the vinegar content from one to two tablespoons. Use newspaper to polish your windows! My mother in law Judy shared this recipe with us girls in the family and I'm sharing it with you!
I want to thank you commenter's for your thoughts and ideas..I love you gals! I just treated myself to the latest issue of Country Living magazine which is my favorite mag to read and became inspired! So, let see what comes of it all! Thanks for stopping by! love ya mean it! Stephanie
image / recipe paragraph from country living

3 comments:

Ann said...

Thanks for the tip on window cleaning. This time of year the windows always look a mess.
I have used this link to make up my own cleaning recipes.
http://organizedhome.com/clean-house/pantry-recipes-homemade-cleaning-products?page=2
Happy week

Polly said...

Happy New Year Stephanie!!

I've heard that newspaper works wonders on windows, but I've never tried it. Will have to give it a whirl next time I do the windows!

Anonymous said...

Great advice, Stephanie! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Have a wonderful weekend!
~ Jo :)