Wednesday, January 19, 2011

love dare. day 11. love cherishes..

Dear friends..I hope you are all doing well! How was dare 10 for you? I really loved it..an easy one for me..today I took some time to write a love note to Danny..he loved it! Now, I cant wait for dare 11! I'm gonna shorten my posts though ok? I'm taking to much time writing these things and want to just summarize the content a little more.. I really hate to do it.. but, I have to be realistic about my time.. I know you will understand! I wanna do a dare! How about you?

Day 11
Husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies-Ephesians 5:28
Love cherishes
I love this verse! "Husbands ought able to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it."
"This verse speaks to husbands, but notice how each member is viewed. Both are considered to be the same flesh. You must treat them with the same nurture as you treat yourself..when you show love to your spouse you show love to yourself. When you attack your mate you attack yourself."
"Realize that your spouse is as much a part of you as your hand, eye or heart. They need to be loved and cherished. If they have an issue with pain or frustration you need to care for these injuries as much as if it were a bodily issue."
"Don't let the culture around you determine the worth of your marriage. To compare it to something that can be discarded or replaced is to dishonor God' purpose for it."
Treat yourself (husband) with love today! Cherish and nourish him, you will feel great for it!
Today's dare
What need does your spouse have that you could meet today? Can you run an errand? give a back rub or foot massage? is there housework you could help with? Choose a gesture that says. "I cherish you" and do it with a smile.
Questions for you:
  • What did you choose to show that you cherish your mate?
  • What did you learn from this experience?

Don't become discouraged if your mate at times doesn't respond as you would like..remember that this is about becoming more loving even when you don't feel like it or they don't seem to deserve it! And please I want to add to this dare- I want you do do something nice for yourself today..take a walk, drink a special cup of coffee, spend a little time in the Word! Take care of you, so you can take care of him! love ya! mean it! Stephanie

image flickr /book excerpts from the Love Dare by Alex and Stephen Kendrick


4 comments:

Dianna said...

Good morning!
Just wanted to check in and let you know that Carroll loved his dinner last evening. First words out of his mouth when he walked through the door last evening were, "Boy! It sure smells good in here!" ;) So think he enjoyed what I did for him in making that special meal.

It is hard to believe that we are already on Dare 11! The further we get in to this the faster it seems to go for me!

Lisa notes... said...

I know, Dianna - it is hard to believe we're already on Dare 11. Wow. It's really been blessing me perhaps as much as Jeff.

I'll have to think of something special today. Yesterday's was good, but not anything I can share. ;-)

I am encouraged reading how everyone else is doing and getting fresh ideas from you all. Thanks!

Julie said...

Thanks for continuing to post Stephanie! I held my breath for more than a moment watching to see if you would keep this going after the Copyright comment. I felt sure you had addressed all that! Continuing to allow these posts to work on the "permanent" mindset that I want to stay in my heart and attitudes towards my soulmate long after the dare challenges have reached their end.
Appreciate all your efforts! hugs!!

flax and spindle said...

Just found your blog!! You're doing the love dare? that is so cool. I just started reading it myself. movie was awesome.