Sunday, January 23, 2011

love dare. day 15. love is honorable

Ahhhh...Love delights...beautiful....just like when we first set our eyes on our beloved..we are delighted to give and receive...and that is why is it so important to practice our next dare... Day 15


Love is honorable

"To honor someone means to give them respect and high esteem, to treat them as special and of great worth."


I love this ..listen up.."There is another word that calls us to a higher place, a word that isn't often equated with marriage, though its relevance cannot be understated, it's a word that actually forms the basis for honor- the very reason why we give respect and high regard to our husband or wife. That word is holy. Not perfection. But, set apart for a higher purpose. A person who has become holy to you has a place no one can rival in your heart. He or she is sacred to you, a person to be honore, praised and defended. Two become one in holy matrimony." Joining with the Lord...Beautiful.


"Is that the way it is in your marriage? Would your mate say you honor and respect them? Do you consider them set apart and highly valued? Holy?"


Today's dare


Choose a way to show honor and respect to your spouse that is above your normal routine. It may be holding the door for her. It might be putting his clothes away for him. It may be the way you listen and speak in your communication. show your mate that he or she is highly esteemed in your eyes.


Questions for you:




  • How did you choose to show honor?


  • What was the result?

  • What are some ways you could demonstrate honor in the coming days?

Well there ya have it..I have to share that my husband has been totally enjoying this love dare..he has known I'm doing it... so each day he looks for what I may do in the day to show my love for him..he has a sparkle in his eyes and had given back as much as he has been given.. the biggest compliment we have gotten has been from our kids who have thanked us for showing Christ love to them through our marriage. God Bless them babies of ours! And may you all love and honor each other.. therefore, honoring our Heavenly Father..thanks for stopping by! Love ya mean it! Stephanie


image country living/ excerpts from the "Love Dare" by Alex and Stephen Kendrick





3 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

Ready to start the new week. This is a good one, Stephanie (not that they all aren't). I didn't work on the weekend ones as much as I should, so I'll try extra today to get this one down pat. :-)

Out in the Fields said...

When I read yesterdays dare I was just about to head into my craft room for an uninterrupted hour of bliss...but instead I went and sat with my guy while he watched the football game....the worst pastime EVER as far as I can tell! But he was so pleased, trying to explain the same thing over 10 times and kind of giggly when he looked over at me:) He still has no clue I'm doing this Dare, I'm not sure if I'm ok with that or not...seems like he'd have noticed by now!!

The Whispering Creek House said...

oh karen! he noticed my friend! good job!! I agree craftroom bliss is much more fun but look at you! good stuff!