Friday, October 9, 2009

Smoky Mirrors

I have been dreaming a little dream of these..love them!! About a month ago I found an old salvage mirror at a junk shop..I'm not kidding junk..like... *I need a shower when I get done* junk shop..but I will let nothing stop me from getting a deal..so a scrounging' I went...I haggled like a desperate housewife and paid $ 15 for the dirty old mirror only to find scratches galore..hmm....good girl thoughts here..please!
I had to figure out what to do ...so in the mean time, the mirrors from Ballard Design, called my name..and Danny's...lol And that is why he is building a frame like the one above and painting them with hammered paint below..now I have to figure out how to make them smoky to cover the scratches..

We have had a productive weekend..organized the barn, worked on some projects for the living room and have enjoyed the weather! It is so gorgeous outside..Tomorrow the pumpkin patch with the kids. Ooh I am so excited! Thanks for stopping by! Love ya! Mean it! Stephanie

P.S. DOES ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO GET THE "SMOKEY" LOOK?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephie poo.. sounds like you've got things ah... 'wrapped up'.

Say remember me telling you the other day about grabbing yer tools and doing what you do best? That and your local Daryl brothers and a plate of brownies. Well I think I mentioned what tools I could use and could not... like the extra tall ladder and the saws.. well you can add the shovel to the 'not' use for me. I was doing yard work with plantings this afternoon and I asked hubs to 'chop' off the roots, he said I should because he hadn't a clue what to do.. after the 3rd whack of the shovel it landed on my left foot hitting toe # 2 & 3.

Nope you can't call me stubs I still have them for now. I'll have to make this into a Halloweenie storie like a Lizzy B issue.. harrr.. snort snort.

I can't wait to see the finished product! It's hammer time baby!

kiss kiss
~Olivia

blushing rose said...

Good for you. Have a good time tomorrow.

Check out this FREE paint offer ~ https://www.glidden.com/index.do

Have a great weekend. TTFN ~Marydon

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I love smokey mirrors like that. The first picture is gorgeous! I can't wait to see how yours turn out.

Unknown said...

The mirrors are gorgeous, looking forward to seeing yours! Have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

Oooooooo Love them...smiles.