Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Pumpkin Chandlier !!

Well, here it is..My pumpkin chandelier I promised I would make..What do you think? I love it! I think it looks better than Miss Martha Stewart's! Mainly cuz I made it all by myself!

A close up and I am so proud of it! I made some small hammered pumpkins with candles from Joanne fabrics to put in them..they look expensive but nope..


I bargain shopped this whole thing..it is really easy! I have to admit though i bought the materials not really sure how i would execute it..but the result is beyond what i thought...you ladies must try this you can do it!



I also thought if a person didn't want to make it as a chandelier you could pop a vase in the middle add a candle in it and wa-la a centerpiece!




This is the run down..wreath@ Walmart $2.97, leaf bundle $3.00, raffia $ 1.47 moss $1.77
pumpkins $1.00 each, paint $5.77 candles from Joanne fabric reg.$4.99 on sale w/coupon $2.99!
Can you believe it? not to bad..i think! listen you can do this with a ready made wreath..but the satisfaction of doing this yourself is priceless!



18 comments:

Roeshel said...

It's beautiful! You did a fantastic job! I love that it's DIY. I have something similar, but I just added leaf garland to an existing candle-chandelier. Way to bargain shop!

Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Happy Fall!

Roeshel

Anonymous said...

wee fairy buttercups! ya did it!

Nice as I so loved the 'hammered' look on pumpkins and I added it to my porch pineapple (cement) and wow, did it turn out nice all because of you.

So do tell, jute or twine? Maybe can I suggest a small chain here in place of the other with open flame.

Oh by the by.. still happen to have a cupcake around for me?

~Olivia

Out in the Fields said...

I LOVE THAT! Are you using it in your house or barn or? Don't you love making things the bargain way? thats the only way I do things too. Buy it on sale or not at all is my motto!

Sharla said...

So cute! Yours is better than Marthas!

Sit A Spell said...

I have enjoyed my first visit here tonight. What a great piece you created! I bet you had fun doing it too?

Paula Deen has candles in Walmart??? Guess I'll be going to Walmart soon! I love that her recipe is included.

I saw you at Holiday in the Sun and wanted to say HI.

Debra@CommonGround said...

I'm likin' yours the best, cute little flyin' straw raffia thingies hangin' down. Just too darn cute!
Debra

Dogmom Diva said...

I just found your blog, I love the wreath, I also like the idea of using for a table centerpiece..looking forward to visiting you..stop by my blog if you get a chance, I am a fairly new blogger but its fun!
Barb

Peanut-Butter Kitty said...

Your wreath is so much pretter than Martha's. I love the color of the pumkins. I'll be going to Wal-Mart today to check out the candles from Paula. Thanks for the tip!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Wow, I am so impressed!! I'm going to put this on my FB page...

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

WOW! It looks amazing Stephanie! I like it better than the original. All the raffia is jsut gorgeous!

Denise said...

That looks beautiful. Are the pumpkins plastic? and where did you buy them? I totally feel like trying this. Yours looks amazing.
:)

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! Love it hanging in the pics with the rusty wood behind it! great job! so cozy!

Sweet As Boys said...

Great chandelier! Thank you for joining my blog, love yours.

Carla said...

Wow! I love this! Hope you don't mind if I copy this gorgeous idea. I saw it posted on Sarah's (TDC's) facebook page.

I'm going to have to go check out the rest of your blog. I can't wait . . . bet I'll see some great stuff!

"Blossom" said...

I saw this on Martha Stewart; I started this for my back porch. I have not completed it yet due to a big wedding I am doing this week.
I work 8 hours a day too.
Yours turned out so cute. I love it.

Anonymous said...

What a talented girl you are:) YM

the farmer's wife said...

i love what you did with the chandelier! adorable. I tried finding pumpkins like yours, can you tell me where you got them? thanks for sharing an inspirational idea

over stock lighting said...

Beautiful chandelier. I always admire people like you who can do crafts like this. Thanks for the inspiration.