Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin Tea

Today is rainy and a little bleary...but I was sooo looking forward to going to the Pomeroy House for tea with my mom in law Judy and my sis in law Shelly! I made reservations last week and I could not wait to go! The tea room is a little different than the last time I went there...but it was warm and cozy and we were treated very well! My pictures I took didn't turn out other than the one above...the little menu...It is funny how when you get into a place like this your PROPER comes out...LOL there is something about delicate tea cups and sandwiches that could balance on your thumb that just feels so different..I love going to the Pomeroy every year.... I try to go with different people so they can experience it too. ..
On the way back home I stopped to snap some pictures of Lucia Falls..it is simply striking this time of year! I often think "I can't believe I get to live in such a beautiful part of the country!"

Fall here is the most amazing thing! God is THE master artist and I love His work! I mean look at the colors and the levels on this bank overlooking the water that is rushing over the rocks!


It is chilly... but I cannot tear myself away! My heart just gasps in awe of this!

My picture doesn't do it justice! Such an amazing day with my bestest people, good food and good conversation and a beautiful drive home!




5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I am drooling over your wonderful pictures of the falls and autumn colors. This is NOT something we see down here. Those just do something to my heart and soul. It sounds like you had a lovely tea with wonderful company.

FlowerLady

BECKY said...

Oh. My. Goodness. What lovely photos, Steph! I could just sit there and listen to the water and breath in the cool air, and soak in all the beauty...ahhhh...God's work truly is amazing!! What a masterpiece He created for us to enjoy!
Thanks for sharing with us!! Hope your Thursday is full of God's best!!

Love 'n hugs,
Becky

Out in the Fields said...

I used to LOVE going to the Pomeroy house for Tea until I had to be gluten free...:( now I have to just taste the memories.

~ Regan said...

I just love those pics so much, I featured you on my blog. Thanks for sharing!! I love all your photos- especially your barn photos. :) have a great night!

Anonymous said...

Steph-It was a great lunch,so relaxing and enjoyable...its nice to be able to take time to enjoy small talk and not jump up and down with kids needs...Thanks it was a blast..shelly