Sunday, October 11, 2009

BEFORE AND AFTER!!!!

Look at this sad little bookshelf...all torn down and empty..I got this from my sister in exchange for some home decor like pictures, plants and stuff...Well, this is what I got..it has good bones and even though is been renovated into a gun case- I decided it was time to do a makeover on this loveee
I think it was a bookcase to begin with and then made into gun cabinet and Holly made it into a shelf system and I (meaning Danny and I) turned it into a bookcase. whew..So many changes ..it sounds like PMS!

The door above had hinges on it..but, one was broke off. I am glad Holly kept it cuz Danny turned it into a drawer!


He added some bead board to the back and gave it some new shelving to bulk it up.....o how I love that man.....


And look at it now! He added two dresser pulls from a different project and painted it with a gallon of paint I got at Big Lots for $6.99! I love it! Any extra time Danny gets he tries to get in honey- do -projects..He is a good man and is one of a kind and I am soooo glad he is mine! Now I'm getting closer to my living room reveal! Yes! thanks for stopping by! Love ya! Mean it! Stephanie
PS-Say a little prayer for my Camalee..Im home with her today because she has a very sore throat and has put out her back and pulled a muscle in her thigh..from volleyball..ugh poor girl! Thanks!




17 comments:

glor said...

WOW! Love this. Great, great job. You're inspiring me.

WestSide Story said...

looks good!!!

Anonymous said...

YES.. I knew you could do it!!! Well done my dear.. well done. I bow to your greatness.. (heehee) No no.. I'm not worthy of that.. let me kiss your feet.. (harr.. snort snort) okies, you know I love ya so you have done a great job and I mean it my dear!

Kisses

~Olivia

Debra@CommonGround said...

What a wonderful transformation. It's gorgeous! My husband needs to take lessons from yours! Can't wait to see it all when it's finished!

LuLu said...

It's a beauty! What a great transformation. Hope Camalee is feeling better,
xo,
LuLu

~ Regan said...

Wow. I never saw that coming! I love the bead board- man, you can really use that stuff for anything! It's a beautiful bookcase- love it!!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

That is AWESOME!!

savvycityfarmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
savvycityfarmer said...

never never never enough storage ... ya done good

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Wow...that's all I have to say, "wow." I may need to feature that one in my upcoming Furniture Feature Friday. Nice job!

Andrea said...

You have a very beautiful blog and home.

Many blessings to you.

Andrea

Holly said...

Wow! Turned out great, but then I knew it would;) lol

Sarah @ Hennessey House said...

that is the same piece?! unbelievable!

Anna said...

your bookshelf turned out so good! great job. I found your blog from Miss Mustard Seed

stephanie h said...

that turned out great!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

She is LOVELY!

Proper Prim said...

What a great transformation... great job guys... worthy of any room in MY house... can't wait to see the whole room.