Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Old Grist Mill

Here is Bob if my memory serves me right..He is making flour from grain right there in front of us! Last year I posted one picture of the grist mill...that was before I got serious about blogging...I cant believe it is that time again....
Check out this..it is a millstone..I couldn't help thinking of Scripture that says if you offend a child you may as well tie a millstone around your neck and be cast into the sea.....It is that serious of an offense...

The water that runs the mill..it was breathtaking!! I think we should take another trip there this fall and stop at my favorite coffee place the Lava Java for a white chocolate mocha with a leaf pattern on top!


Isn't this a great little place to visit? and its free! The kids loved it and Danny and I loved it too. watching the kids see how they made flour in the "old times" was an adventure and great learning experience..if you get a chance to go to one of these do it!



All of our bagged flour..we watched get made..We took it home and made cornbread from the ground corn and bread from the oats grains...mmmmm so good! And free too! Thanks for stopping by Love ya! Mean it! Stephanie




2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a very good mom..smiles.

Anonymous said...

Oh stephie poo.. what a treat that was! Too bad I wasn't with ya! Now ya gots some flour.. whatcha gonna make? If it's bread, send a loaf my way please!!