Pumpkin Cheesecake Squares with Gingersnap Crust
Makes 24 squares prep time: 15 minutesbake time: 35 - 40 minutes
2 cups finely crushed Ginger Snap cookies
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
3 (8oz) packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
¾ cup sugar
1 can solid pack pumpkin puree
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 large eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs, and melted butter. Mix until crumbs resemble slightly wet sand. Press mixture into prepared pan. Place pan into refrigerator until filling is ready.
3. Place cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and eggs into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until well incorporated.
4. Remove crust from the refrigerator. Pour pumpkin cheese mixture over prepared crust.
5. Bake for 35 - 35 minutes.
6. Allow squares to cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight. Cut into squares and serve.
Use the base of a dry measuring cup to help you flatten crumbs into pan. This method helps keep your hands clean and creates a flatter, more even crust.
Stock up on extra cans of pumpkin puree when they are available. They keep well in your pantry and can be used for everything from desserts to pancakes. Take it from me, they aren’t so easy to find once the holidays are over and one never knows when a Pumpkin Cheesecake craving will strike!
This is from http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/fall-food-recipes-for-kids.htm Enjoy!Thanks for stopping by! love ya mean it! Stephanie