Monday, July 25, 2011

a sad day..

It was a sad day here this last weekend for our cat- loving daughter Camalee..her sweet kitten Pumpkin met her tragic end while the kids were playing in the barn..older brothers where tossing a plastic pipe to each other when one of the brothers was unable to catch the pipe and it hit little Pumpkin..Pumpkin number#2 for our family, as we gave the Pumpkin #1 to my sister Janel to finish raising..all was calm when we heard Camalee screaming somethings wrong! somethings wrong! Cradling her beloved kitten, one look told me it wasn't good..after watching my little girl hold her dying kitten my heart was breaking.... her brothers grew quiet and little sister was quietly whispering "You can have my kitty Camalee"..I was filled with love for all my children as they came together over this little kitten who had given them so many laughs in her short little life..its really something watching how this all unfolded and I was pleased that my kids reached out to each other to comfort and show love at such a trying time..explaining death wasn't easy but necessary..we had a good talk and as the sun went down Camalee let her dad take Pumpkin away..
before the sun was even up Camalee had already shown tribute to her precious kitty..
and took these pictures to remember..I'm in awe of my children..it feels like we might be doing ok..thanks for stopping by! love ya mean it! Stephanie

8 comments:

Cher' Shots said...

Death always seems to have it's bittersweet moments. The loss of a pet is never easy, although its often a great opportunity to teach about life in general.
'hugs from afar'

Unknown said...

Oh, Stephanie. I so know her pain as a child. What a heartfelt loving tribute she created for her little pumpkin.Hugs & love to her, & you.

Have a wonderful week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

peggy aplSEEDS said...

so sorry to hear about your daughter's loss. thanks for sharing this heartwarming post.

Uncovered Ruby said...

This breaks my heart! I'm a huge animal lover too, but how your children showed compassion toward one another was an awesome example of love. Pumpkin was a blessing in more ways than one...
Lisa

Windy Ridge said...

AHHHHH....went through many of those moments as a girl and animal lover:)

glor said...

My heart is so touched. What loving children. You have done an amazing job.

**** April **** said...

It's so hard... and for your boys that were "responsible" (not meaning that they intended for it to happen, just that they ... well, I hope you get what I mean).... I feel for your boys because they certainly will take this quite hard as well... :(

Just tonight I opened a cabinet and there was a baby lizard. I screamed for my 7 year old who LOVES lizards to catch it... and the stupid thing took off as I was trying to move out of the way... and I stepped on him. :( Bleh! (at least I was wearing a shoe).

Sandy said...

And this is what it is all about.
To even in such sad and trying times, not to get upset, but reach out and touch, and give.
Loving and holding each other.
Give your little girl a hug for me.

P.s. I have not forgotten about you just been crazy busy. Please stop by when you can?
I am doing a lot better.